The GrainExpress Load/Unload Program
The 90-Car GrainExpress Load/Unload program offers financial incentives for enrolled customers to load or unload a unit grain train within 15 hours.
- The facility must be certified by CSX to be capable of receiving a unit train of 90 cars in one cut and have space to hold 3 locomotives while loading/unloading the train.
- The facility must be approved for 6-axle locomotives.
- The facility must be located on CSXT or a short line which interchanges with CSXT and uses CSXT "run thru" power.
- Trains may be made up of private or railroad-owned cars.
- Express Unload will only apply to feed mills.
- The 15-hour time window starts at the first of 4 specific time periods: 0001, 0600, 1200, or 1800 hours.
If a customer is located on a shortline, a 24-hour window will apply from interchange to interchange with the shortline.
- Express Load participants receive $75 per car per 90-car train, and Unload participants receive $75 per car per 90-car train for all trains released within the prescribed time period.
There is no relief for Saturdays, Sundays and holidays with the following exceptions: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
- Applicable demurrage provisions as found in the CSXT 8100 apply
- CSXT reserves the right to cancel the agreement with 30 days’ written notice
- CSXT reserves the right to reject any application at its sole discretion
- Review a sample contract (PDF)
To apply for the GrainExpress Load/Unload program, complete the application.
The following origins and destinations have been accepted into the new Grain Express program.
ADM—Beech Grove, Ind.
ADM—Grand Ledge, Mich.
The Andersons—Toledo, Ohio
The Andersons—Metamora, Ohio (IORY)
Cal-Maine Foods Inc.—Lacoochie, Fla.
Cargill—Bloomingburg, Ohio (IORY)
Cargill—Lima, Ohio (CFE)
Consolidated Grain & Barge—Olney, Ill.
Gavilon Grain—Haw Creek Siding, Ind.
Gavilon Grain—Mauzy, Ind.
Gavilon Grain—Roachdale, Ind.
Gavilon Grain—Shelburn, Ind.
Gavilon Grain—Terre Haute, Ind.
Gerald Grain—Hamler, Ohio
Heritage Co-op—Kenton, Ohio
Littlejohn Grain—Martinsville, Ill.
Mennco Grain—Upper Sandusky, Ohio
Mercer Landmark—Elgin, Ohio (RJC)
Mont Eagle Mills—Oblong, Ind. (INRD)
Starke County Co-op—Hamlet, Ind. (CFE)
Sunrise Cooperative—Clarksfield, Ohio
Sunrise Cooperative—Crestline, Ohio
Total Grain Marketing—Casey, Ill.
Town and Country—Mansfield, Ohio (ASRY)
Trupointe Cooperative—South Charleston, Ohio (IORY)
Case Farms—Mt. Olive, N.C.
Case Farms—Shelby, N.C.
Columbia Farms—Comer, Ga.
Equity Group—Banks, Ala.
Koch Foods—Rockmart, Ga.
Mountaire Farms—Candor, N.C. (ACWR)
Nash Johnson—Rose Hill, N.C.
Perdue Farms—Candor, N.C. (ACWR)
Pilgrim's Pride—Ambrose, Ga.
Pilgrim's Pride—Athens, Ga.
Pilgrim's Pride—Pinckard, Ala.
Tyson Foods—Oglethorpe, Ga.
Wayne Farms—Troy, Ala. (COEH)
Wayne Farms—Enterprise, Ala. (WGCR)
Western New York Energy—Medina, N.Y.
Refund Settlement Form (Excel) : Save to your computer and enter your data throughout the month. Then e-mail it as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com (to save to your computer, right-click on the link and choose "Save As").